Wednesday 9 May 2018

Whittling With My Boys


Instead of getting some free labour out of my boys rough carving hair sticks, I brought some applewood sticks cut for carving letter openers. We worked at this in their apartment while my daughter had her violin lessons in town. We try to combine trips as much as possible.

I had intended to rough out two of them before our session was done but only completed the one in the photo. We videotaped most of the session so at some point we should have something to post about it on the Youtube channel. Sheldon finished rough carving his letter opener after we left and Brandon still has to finish his. We'll sand them down finish them and post about the results later. It was a good lesson for them. The fact that they'll finish with a useful attractive tool will be a big confidence builder.

No comments:

Post a Comment