Sunday 11 November 2018

Update November 11


Haven't written on this website in quite a long time. It isn't because I haven't been working on building this business. It's that I've had so much more on my plate. The plan now is to post some kind of update every week starting today.

Quick updates here: I did make a short slideshow to show off the types of hair sticks that are available. I'm not able to produce them very quickly right now but everything showing on the Rustic Hair Sticks page is available. If they aren't in stock I can make them and I can give a time frame for when they can be ready.

I rough carve all my hair sticks while the wood is still green. The reason is that it is a lot easier at that point. They don't sand or finish well while the wood is green though so I stock the rough carved ones more than at any other stage of production. I recently succeeded in stocking over a hundred pairs of every major type of wood I carry.

Finally, I'm preparing to introduce another colour stain. Not sure if they'll be ready next weekend. The stain has been applied but I have a whole run of other sticks currently in the finishing jigs and they have to get out of the way before these can be finished. I don't have time to make another jig right now.

That's it for this week. Plan to write more in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment